- Yale Arts Calendar
- About Us
Equipment Loan Policies
The DMCA has an array of equipment that may be borrowed by students enrolled at Yale University. This equipment includes (but is not limited to) graphic imaging devices, digital video cameras, digital still cameras, lenses and accessories, microphones and stands, field lighting kits, field audio (DAT) kits, and location audio kits.
Loan period: Standard equipment loan periods are for 4 days, unless otherwise noted on the DMCA Reservations site.
Equipment lending is limited to actively enrolled Yale students. Faculty and staff wishing to borrow equipment for curricular purposes may make arrangements through their teaching assistants. Faculty and staff who hold regular courses at the DMCA may borrow equipment for demonstration purposes on a single-day basis, for the purposes of coursework. Borrowers are responsible for making their own reservations; DMCA staff does not support email bookings or phone requests.
Care and safety of borrowed equipment is the borrower’s responsibility. Proof of insurance is required for certain advanced equipment, as well as overseas and extended loans (see below). Insurance is highly recommended for all borrowers. Borrowers are liable for repair/replacement fees, if equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen during a loan period. Borrowers are also responsible for the timely return of borrowed equipment; standard late fees of $35 per day apply to all borrowed equipment, for any equipment returned after the agreed upon due date.
Equipment lending hours:
The equipment booth is open Monday – Friday, 11am to 6pm during the regular academic year. Equipment must be returned by 6pm on the day it is due. Late fees apply if equipment is returned after the agreed upon due date. Equipment lending is limited to weekdays and is unavailable during weekends. Limited lending hours apply during all Yale College shopping periods, and during mid-semester breaks. Equipment lending is currently unavailable during winter and summer recess periods.
EXTENDED EQUIPMENT LOANS
The Yale DMCA encourages students to pursue in-depth projects in the fulfillment of their academic assignments and makes available the privilege of extended equipment loans (more than 4 days) for projects that require equipment access during breaks in the regular academic year. To qualify for the privilege of extended borrowing access, borrowers must meet the following criteria:
• The borrower must be actively enrolled as a Yale student in a credit-bearing course.
• Extended borrowing over the Winter Break period is available only to those students who are enrolled in year-long arts courses at Yale.
• The borrower must present proof of insurance; a copy of insurance documentation shall be kept on file in the student’s borrowing record.
• The borrower assumes full liability for borrowed equipment, including full coverage of loss and/or repair, during the loan term.
• Equipment is available on a first come, first served [reservation] basis. Availability of equipment is not guaranteed. Reservation cancelations must be received at least 72 hours before the start of the loan period. Failure to use reserved equipment without reservation cancelation will result in revocation of the extended equipment loan privilege for the remainder of the academic year.
• Standard late fees of $35 per day apply to all borrowed equipment, for any equipment returned after the agreed upon due date.